A bit about who I am...
I started my career in Real Estate in the late 1990s, and there are good reasons for why I am still involved all of these years later. I love the industry, but most importantly, I love the opportunity to work with so many great people. There are very few professions that allow you to experience the joy of a new beginning, and having the opportunity to be involved in this and actually play a part in making these dreams materialize, gets me out of bed in the morning with a smile on my face.
Real Estate is a 24-7 business that involves a high level of commitment, knowledge, flexibility, communication and diligence. Through my years in this industry, I have come to believe that a good Realtor is able to provide his or her clients not only with expertise and specific market knowledge, but he or she must also be skilled and innovative with tools and resources, be visible and ingrained in networking, and most importantly, embody an important combination of relationship skills and attributes, such as:
- Be a good listener to really understand your needs.
- Have patience, attentiveness and flexibility. Every situation is different, and every person’s needs are unique. Buying and selling can be a very emotional experience and sometimes you may need time to adapt. I am here to help every step of the way and ensure that you have all of the tools to make the best decision for you.
- Be helpful by providing relevant information when you need it and clear away the clutter that is not.
- Be hardworking and well networked to gain optimal exposure, find the best value, and provide a great team to handle all of your needs.
- Negotiate to obtain the best position for you. (This is why I have completed the Certified Negotiations Expert program with the Real Estate Institution and I am CNE designated.)
- Provide diligent, thorough, trustworthy service and advice.
I am committed to these values and providing services that are in-line with these attributes. For me, these aspects of service are personal, and form another reason why I love what I do today.
I started my career in the Property Management field in the 1990s, where I was very involved in talking to strata owners about their experiences. I spent a lot of time listening to some frustrations about bylaws and difficult neighbours, and also about what they loved about their communities, their homes, and their best friend just down the hall that they cherish living so close to. From this, I learned a great deal about the unique needs of every individual and important characteristics to consider in finding and assessing the right fit.
At the end of the 1990s, I left Property Management and moved into my new career with a National Real Estate firm where I learned a great deal about the business side of Real Estate and built a good network of professionals. Our organization had nearly 8,000 Realtors across Canada, and since I worked with the Head Office, I was able to see the variety of levels of service provided. I watched the skills and techniques of many Realtors, and took from each of them the attributes that I believe most successfully served their clients. My aspiration is to constantly work toward refining these top skills and characteristics to allow me to best serve my clients today.
In general, I have owned and operated a variety of companies, performed years of management, consulting and accounting services, served as an Officer of the Court, and with the BC Securities Commission, worked in Property Management, held Strata Council positions, and been involved in several areas of the Real Estate industry. From all of these experiences, I have gained invaluable skills in communication, human behavior, negotiation strategies, legal rhetoric, documentation, organization and follow up. Today, I am able to combine all of these skills and experiences to professionally serve my clients so they obtain the best advice, top value, and the best experience possible.
Give me a call today so I can get to work for you!